Tuesday 24 July 2012

Orkney Exhibition - Loft Gallery, South Ronaldsay

Arctic Terns: watercolour, 27"x22"

Almost there! I seem to have spent the whole of 2012 working on exhibition pieces or commissions - a far cry from the intended project which was supposed to be targeted towards my new book; landscape and plein air work only . . . ah well.

Oystercatchers & Curlew; conte & watercolour, 30"x22"

The show in the States opened a couple of weeks ago and seems to be fairly well received. I’m really disappointed I couldn’t scrape the time and/or funds together to make the trip over the water, but next time, maybe.
So –next up is slightly closer to home. When I was asked late last year to exhibit at The Loft Gallery in St Margaret’s Hope this summer, I was delighted to accept. I have only shown in this intimate and delightful upstairs gallery once before, and it was a thoroughly pleasurable experience. It was also an excellent opportunity to have a few glasses with old friends (we used to live just a couple of miles from the village). Some may say that preparing artwork for two One-man shows in as many months is an ambitious target, but I find the pressure of looming deadlines quite exhilarating and I think the work I’ve produced over the past couple of months is at least equal to the best of my efforts from previous years. Better than most, perhaps.  
Eiders; watercolour, 27"x22"

The show opens this Friday evening at 7pm, so if anyone is in the locale and would like to drop in for a glass and a chat about the work, please feel free to pop in.

Pee-wit!: conte & watercolour, 30"x22"

The rest of the working year will be spent in painting work for a joint exhibition at The Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust, Slimbridge in September, a few pieces for the FAME project with some really wonderful artists all contributing work for this most important seabird conservation project. The artists involved are:
Eider & Arctic Terns; watercolour, 27"x22"  

Finally I will draw a line under the exhibiting year with preparation for the SWLA (Society of Wildlife Artists) Annual Exhibition at the Mall Galleries, London.  I can then turn my attentions to the slightly pressing issue of building my studio.  And then next year, I’ll be devoting my time to landscapes and plein air work only . . . maybe.


5 comments:

Prasad Natarajan said...

Superb works!

Unknown said...

very best of luck with the show tim,wish i could see it but hopefully catch your exhibition at slimbridge

Jose A. Sencianes Ortega said...

Much luck with the exhibition Tim. I didn't know the work of Jane Smith and it's fantastic! Your watercolors of eiders and terns are superb, very very good! Best

Catherine Nicol said...

I am coming over from the Mainland tonight to see your exhibition this weekend.

Looking forward to it very much.

Francisco J. Hernández said...

All the best in this new exhibition !. Greetings.
Francisco.